1. Flaming, Disrespect, Harassment, and Inappropriate Content : Mute - IP Mute Many communities are composed of different backgrounds and beliefs. As such, this community is composed of different beliefs, morals, sexual orientations etc., and we take the value of equality seriously. Remember that each person will take an insult differently depending on these values.
• a. The use of inappropriate and/or disrespectful language towards another’s belief, race, religion, and harassing members is not tolerated. While we have an ignore system, we expect members to act accordingly towards each other. • b. Content that is advertised and/or discussed VIA the yell channel, public chat, or clan chat that is deemed inappropriate per the staff member’s discretion will be dealt with accordingly. This includes but not limited to; pornographic material, debates about sensitive topics, etc. • c. Harassing the administration with wanting staff is not tolerated, members must earn the ranks! Failure to cease these actions will result in a mute and/or a permanent ban at the discretion of the staff team. 2. Advertising : Perm Ban Advertisement of another RSPS related community is strictly forbidden and a permanent removal of the community will be issued. There will be no chance of appeal!
• a. Common known links (e.g. Rune-Server, Runelocus, and YouTube) is fine and will be commonly permitted. Links are expected to be to advertise directly to where they say they're going (e.g. advertising a YouTube link, and then it links to a whole new site; no matter if it's harmful or not).
• b. Members wanting to advertise another link outside of RSPS related material can send a link to an administrator and to await approval.
3. Spamming : Mute-Ban Spamming on Runeline will not be permitted, acts of such feats will be acted upon accordingly by the staff members of Runeline . We should all be acting as mature as we can while on Runeline and respect others wishes as well, those who continue to do such feats will be removed from Runeline if needed.
• a. Yell should not be abused under any circumstances, take a few seconds between each yell and send another message. It’s not a right.
• b. Auto-Typer should not be abused but is allowed, the timer should be at least set to eight-ten (8-10) seconds if not a little higher.
4. Misleading Links, Hacking, and Threats : IP-Ban Misleading links are never allowed on the server, we expect links to open up to as what it was advertised for. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent removal from the community.
Hacking in any shape or form will result in a permanent removal from the community, simply put.
Threatening members that will put their life, security, and reputation at risk will result in a permanent removal from the community.
5. Punishment Evasion : Ban or IP-Ban Punishments that are handed out towards members is one of the reasons communities maintain a balanced environment. Punishments that are evaded are not taken lightly, if you feel like you deserve another chance then take it serious and quickly make an appeal; don’t make a scene. 6. Third Party Software : Jail-Ban The use of third party software that allows a member to have an unfair advantage in any way will result in a six hour jail time, followed by a two-day ban, and finally ending with a permanent suspension from the server. We want a fair environment where all players have the equal chance of all features. This is including but not limited to auto-clickers, auto-typers (if auto-typing is not being followed properly), etc., there's no reason to risk it! 7. Real World Trading : Ban (time varies) Purchasing, selling goods, or services (accounts, real life items, RSGP, Microsoft points, riot points, other private server items for Runeline items etc.) will not be tolerated and action will be taken if it continues, we do not have the time for members to come to us and tell us that they've been scammed or hacked. This also including the server, we do want people coming at us as I said before, if we do not catch X member and end up being scammed. We will not be held responsible of the scam, or hacking.
• a. Purchasing or Selling of any Runeline account will not be allowed on the server or forums. The ban will be permanent the first time with no chance of appeal, the second will be an IP-Ban.
• b. Purchasing or Selling of donator status on an existing account is not allowed on the server or forums. Advertising that you're going to do so will result in a 24 hour mute. Please note that we are allowing members to donate for one another (for example, member 'a' buys member 'b' donator status and then member 'b' pays them 300m).
8. Encouraging Others to Break Rules : Mute-Ban Members that are somehow encouraging others to break a rule whether or not he/she understands the rule will result in a mute or ban at the discretion of the staff. 9. Bug Abuse : Perm. Ban - IP-Ban Abuse of a bug or glitch that allows a player to somehow have an advantage over another or the server itself is not tolerated. We ask all members to report them as soon as they're found otherwise a permanent removal from the community will be issued. 10. Refunds (Scams, Disconnects etc.) • a. Disconnections will not be refunded, feel free to create a thread about it and stating the problem so the problem can be fixed though. • b. Donations will ONLY be refunded if he/she has NOT been given their items or position (forums, server) after 72 hours, otherwise a refund is not required. Remember, items that have been obtained through our donation system that is lost at their own doing will not be refunded. • c. Reset of the server or forums will be refunded if he or she has posted valid proof of their purchase in relative board, otherwise a refund is not required on our part. • d. Scammed members will not be refunded because there are simple tactics to not be scammed in the first place such as using a middleman (server support, moderator, administrator etc.). Please note that we will not be accepting photo-reports of members being scammed, it must be a video or it will not be handled. Please do note that scammers will be punished severely with a permanent ban on their first offense and an IP-Ban on their second offense. • e. Account sharing is not of our concern and is at the discretion of member to do so, however, members who do decide to do so and have had their accounts muted, banned, or otherwise “hacked” will be at their own fault. • f. Hacking refunds will not be handed out, those who have been victimized should have all the security features that we offer on Runeline. • g. Glitch refunds will ONLY be refunded if the member has 100 percent proof, and has proof of the items prior to the glitch happening. Note that if a developer (or whoever has spawning abilities) does not see the proof to be enough, it can be declined and a refund is not required. 11. Yell Channel You may not use the Yell Channel to advertise clan-chats unless you’re a part of the staff team, or given permission by another staff member. This includes but not limited to gambling chats, clan channels and so forth. Keep in mind that requesting approval is accepted but is not required for us to accept. • a. Use of the Yell command to flame-bait, flame, troll, or other abuse of the command will not be tolerated and your rights to the command can be removed without being reinstated in the future. • b. Luring members over the Yell channel is also against our rules and can result in the removal of your command without being reinstated at a later time. • c. The use of the yell channel to advertise a clan-chat related to gambling, asking players to gamble (flower poker, etc.) is not allowed on the server. While we offer this feature, we do not want it to be our primary source for everyone to want to go to rather than use skilling, merchanting, etc. • d. The yell channel has been limited to 30 seconds per yell for people who are advertising a stream and selling or purchasing items. 12. Player Vs. Player (PvP) Runeline is not held responsible for members who have lost, disconnected etc., while in the wilderness. For the most part, going into the wilderness is at people's own risk, however, we have but a few rules: • a. PVP-Farming will be an automatic IP-Ban or Mac Ban from the server and no chance of appeal. • b. Luring is apart of MANY RSPS communities, and RuneScape itself. It is not punishable on Runeline, however, the only exception to this rule is luring staff asking for help, or anything else along the lines will result in a punishment up to and/or including a ban. • c. Ragging is not punishable except in the areas for the western PVP area and Edgeville's PVP area. Those who wish to rag in these two areas will be warned, jailed, banned, and finally mac-banned from the community. The rule is simple; don't do it in these areas. 13. Voting Changing your IP to gain multiple vote books is against the rules. If you're caught you will be punished.